Setting the bar for Layer 1 switches
- Interfaces: Up to 512 SFP ports, 256 QSFP28 ports and 1024 SFP28 ports with 1:4 breakout cables
- Speeds: 10mb to 128Gb
- Protocols: Any - Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Firewire, OTN, InfiniBand
- Media: Multimode, Single Mode, AOC, DAC, PSM4, and Ethernet Copper RJ45 including media conversion
- Port to Port Latency: less than 35ns at 128Gbps
- Constant deterministic fixed latency
- Full wire-speed unicast, multicast and broadcast mapping
- CLI and SSH interfaces
- Python, RESTful API, Quali Systems, Spirent Velocity
- Online and offline software/firmware updates
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies, fans and line cards
- Advanced digital diagnostics
- Network diagnostic utilities
- 19" rack, 12 RU
Chassis can be populated with any combination of Interface Blades
making it the only L1 switch to support 10m to 128G in the same chassis
The 12 RU 8-Slot Chassis can be populated with up to eight Interface Blades. The Chassis also houses integrated fabric control components, variable-speed fan units that automatically adjust according to the system temperature, and hot-swappable AC power supplies.
Port capacities per 8-Slot Chassis vary depending on the type of Interface blade used. Maximum port count is:
- 256 any-to-any mapping ports of up to 128Gbps
- 1024 ports of up to 28Gbps/32Gbps Fibre Channel
- 512 any-to-any mapping ports up to 28G/32Gbps Fibre Channel - including RJ45
The 4 RU 2-Slot Chassis can be populated with two Interface Blades that provide any-to-any port mapping. The Chassis also houses integrated fabric control components, variable-speed fan units that automatically adjust according to the system temperature, and hot-swappable AC power supplies.
Port capacities per 2-Slot Chassis vary depending on the type of Interface blade used. Maximum port count is:
- 128 ports of 10Mbps to 28Gbps
- 64 ports of up to 128Gbps
- 256 ports using breakout cables up to 28Gbps
ColdFusion Interface Blades
Interface Blades can be installed in any chassis slot
32 QSFP Interface Blade.
Each 32 QSFP Interface Blade has 32 configurable QSFP28/SFP28 ports that support any MSA compliant QSFP module with data rates up to 128Gbps. Additionally, each port partitions into four 1Gbps- 28Gbps (32Gbps Fibre Channel) data lanes and using breakout cables each blade supports up to 128 data lanes.
64 SFP Interface Blade
Each 64 SFP Interface blade has 64 configurable SFP-based ports supporting any MSA compliant SFP module up to 28Gbps. (32Gbps Fibre Channel) Ethernet RJ45 SPF copper modules are also supported, and can populate the entire blade, for rates up to 10G.
Lepton’s ColdFusion Layer 1 test automation switch enables the automation of 100% of lab infrastructure. With ColdFusion, network topology changes can be performed with the click of a button, or by integrating QA test scripts with ColdFusion APIs.
ColdFusion has the broadest media support, has the highest density, and the only Layer 1 switch that supports 10m to 128G in the same chassis.
Reduce CapEx through an increased utilization of a smaller number of tools.
Reduce OpEx as automation increases and manual labor decreases.
Reduce time to market, increasing savings and profits.
High-density architecture saves expensive rack space.
Increase Test Lab Utilization
- Run the same number of test cases using fewer test tools and DUT’s.
Allow remote test engineers to share the same lab resources from anywhere.
Gain full control and visibility over who is using lab resources, and for how long.
Schedule and reserve resources.
Reduce lab equipment idle time.
Reduce Test Time
Reduce unnecessary troubleshooting time due to manual cabling mistakes.
Build, modify or teardown test topologies quickly and reliably using scripts.
Quickly isolate and troubleshoot test problems
Reduce test setup time.
Free up test engineers’ time to focus on their core technology challenges.